Social Finding Heidi podcast

What's your thoughts on the new episodes?

Or are you still grappling with discovering Candice Owen on youtube?

Candice Owens ❤️

Well champ, I listened to the “new” episodes last week. Agreed with Bruce - Tamihere did Heidi, the body isn’t in the swamp, and the Turners probably ended Sven separately

i listened to the final episode this afternoon.

Just gotta say he is a poor presenter, a poor investigator, and seems to hate the Police.

Dunno whether it is a coincidence but a lot of the people he spoke to either had a criminal past, or hated the Police.

Also, it seems the Police did speake to many people in Whangamata including the guy Turner. they would have heard most of what Wolf found,

I repeat my earlier guess, is that the murders were the result of a drug deal gone wrong, the Police could not find enough evidence to charge anybody, because they were all a bunch liars, so they were sparing the family, and the memory of the poor victims the bad publicity.

Oh, and Tamihere killed Heidi, dunno about Sven though.

Just IMO
Agree with most of your summation. But also it would be in the Turners best interest for them to draw Tamahere into being there - the perfect scape goat… there is a small chance they are using Tamahere. But I agree, I feel he was involved.

And it’s not the final episode anymore. 5? new ones coming out after a lot of new information!

Another new subscribers episode out today / out free next week I believe...

Alot of the interview subjects are commenting away one the Finding Heidi facebook group - quite fascinating to observe it all playing out.

Another new subscribers episode out today / out free next week I believe...

Alot of the interview subjects are commenting away one the Finding Heidi facebook group - quite fascinating to observe it all playing out.
Yep. It features a long interview with James Turner…

I thought half of them were on here a few weeks ago, I was getting worried I knew too much.

Has anyone checked on Bruce lately? I'm concerned the old fella might have fallen and broken his hip or something.

...or did he??

Last edited:
I've purposely refrained from reading this thread until I got through all the podcasts.

I was a kid when this crime happened, and remembered the names and a few of the headlines. I had a passing interest only and other than looking out at thick bushland on the Kopu hills and thinking "the Swedes went missing out there", the crime didn't have any resonance.

I found listening to the podcasts rather disturbing. After having watched Wolf Creek and Deliverance, and even Netflix shows like Gacy, having the possible situations described by various people became a lot more visceral and real. Imagine the terror that Heidi and Urban went through over an extended period. Little things gave the crime more of a tapestry. The 4 Square shopkeeper describing how a few guys looked shifty and like they had just killed someone. A witness seeing the backpackers being stood over, or Heidi looking freaked out. Or hearing that people discussed knowing what happened, or having seen the backpackers, knowing that something really bad happened and just keeping it an open secret. Or seeing a lifeless body propped up somewhere before it was moved elsewhere. I think one of the things that struck home for me was thinking that a group of people would have say, raped and murdered Urban and had a dead body to hide, and having all of that imprinted on their memories. It is one thing to imagine one perpetrator, but a totally different thing to be sharing that experience with others. Truly disturbing. Makes you think twice about going camping in the wilderness

It was like a horror movie that actually happened

Bear sounds like a fairly respectable individual. Or at least he did from the phone call with Wolf.

Yet Wolf comes across as quite naïve - especially when talking to Turner and being so concerned about his safety. In others, its like hes trying too hard in wanting to believe the stories told by these various witnesses, rather than realising the holes in their stories aka Donald Turners GF being sure Tamihere arrived with Heidi and left the farm alone... therefore concluding the body is definitely beyond doubt at the farm...

Hopefully the additional episodes involves discussions with the turners as I am intrigued to hear the other side of the story...
Bear is not a respectable man. As someone who knows of him through many reliable people. He is twisted and it’s good Wolf never meet with him because he can not to be trusted both verbally and physically.

Bear is not a respectable man. As someone who knows of him through many reliable people. He is twisted and it’s good Wolf never meet with him because he can not to be trusted both verbally and physically.
Hi,

Did you join the site due to the finding Heidi thread? If so it appears you have local knowledge? Care to share more of your thoughts around the case?

Pls elaborate / give examples

Don’t be like those Karen’s in the Woke Culture thread who only want to criticise and can’t elaborate their points

I’ve haven’t had a chance to follow the podcast the past few weeks but thinking back, when they found Urbans body they thought it took multiple people - 1 holding his arms behind him while he was stabbed from the front?

Bear and Tamahere together?

I lost interest with the weekly podcasts and the length of the podcasts due to my busy life.

I’ve just been to the Facebook page for an update and it’s been shut down because it appears to have gone toxic.

What was the latest update with in the extra 5 episodes?

What’s everyone’s thoughts on who done it? What’s everyone’s thoughts on where Heidi is now (somewhere on the Turners property or elsewhere)? And what else can our mystery guest add Thatguy23 ?

Not related and couldn’t find a suitable thread for it but I’m enjoying the ghost train fire about the Luna park fire in 1979.

Back