Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mason Lino

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters

ToiletDuck

Administrator
Hmmm Travis Burns at 28 years of age. I would sign him purely as a depth half/hooker. Haha his tackle was ridiculous.

As for Roberts, agreed re picking him up. I'd go after him, though I assume he'll sign for Tigers/Sharks/Dogs within the next couple of weeks.

ToiletDuck

Administrator
I originally intended it to be, yes. But then thought about it a bit more after I posted it, so I edited it to see other people's thoughts.

In that case...be prepared to be called Bluey's son/understudy/minion. Or worse ;)

But in all seriousness, Shaun Johnson is far and away our best prospect in the halves. He's young, 2 coaches in 2 seasons, and only debuted halfway through last. Doesn't have anything near the size or tackling ability/technique for anything near the forwards, even if we decided he was useless in the halves.

PolarBob

Hmmm Travis Burns at 28 years of age. I would sign him purely as a depth half/hooker. Haha his tackle was ridiculous.

I'd sign him. Really like his style. He's no speed bump, can kick goals, and supports the ball carrier. And frankly if someone as hyper-aggressive as Burns can't rark the boys up I'm not sure what can.

Failing coming here, I'd love to see him and JWH in the same team. Would be insane.

ToiletDuck

Administrator
I'd sign him. Really like his style. He's no speed bump, can kick goals, and supports the ball carrier. And frankly if someone as hyper-aggressive as Burns can't rark the boys up I'm not sure what can.

Failing coming here, I'd love to see him and JWH in the same team. Would be insane.

Play where though? Trial him vs TL at 6?

In that case...be prepared to be called Bluey's son/understudy/minion. Or worse ;)

But in all seriousness, Shaun Johnson is far and away our best prospect in the halves. He's young, 2 coaches in 2 seasons, and only debuted halfway through last. Doesn't have anything near the size or tackling ability/technique for anything near the forwards, even if we decided he was useless in the halves.
I didn't say I wanted him there, lol. But it's a good idea to keep our minds open.

1 Sam Lousi
2 Lillyman
3 Mannering
4 Mateo
5 Matulino
6 Tupou
7 Johnson
8 Vatuvei
9 Friend
10 Hurrel
11 Benry
12 Taylor
13 Rapira jnr

14 Locke
15 Rapira
16 Packer
17 Leuleuai

Anyone?

Anyone?

ToiletDuck

Administrator
Would allow TL to be back-up hooker and cover 5/8 when Travis is suspended.

Haha, which will be the first half of next season.

If he was genuinely interested in coming to Auckland then I'd probably entertain the idea, but I just don't see that happening. As for which clubs would pick him up...Parra?

Inruin

Contributor
i think we should be looking at halves in other teams juniors. like a sezer, reynolds, etc. guys that are playing well perhaps behind a less dominant pack that have all the basic skills and are looking for oppurtunity.

we wont win grand final with TL in the halves, he is a good player but not exceptional. To me he was a reaction signing in order to replace maloney and not preferred signing. That's my view anyway

Aiden sezer from titans is young half who I rate

Inruin

Contributor
what about looking at some one like scott porter who plays/played for the sharks last season? there must be some young halves that have missed out on starting spots that would be looking for oppurtunities..