Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Jordan Meads

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mason Lino

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters
Who would be a better half than Johnson is a fair Q. to ask on the basis of Johnsons 2012 season.

If he was an Aussie import playing the way he has...i recon the forum knives would be out.

I think he has been far more consistent this season, his short kicking game is first class, so is his long kicking game ( when Maloney lets him have one), his involvement is also
much better. The moments of brilliance are down a little from last season, which is the most obvious thing...the only problem i have, is how he runs at the line, we all know
how good his step is and how well he runs in the open, i just think he's be far more dangerous if he ran with real aggression, he submits far to easily for his size. I dont
want him struggling in the tackle for every meter like a prop, but i do want him to fight to get through the line.

Carlous tuamivave for me probably,not a real posobilty but why not give him a go in preseason. see how he gels with Shaun Johnson a good option for later on in the season,with injurys.plus I think bluey likes bedding the young blood

I find the idea of TL uninspiring. He has never struck me as anything exceptional (though only have knowledge through previous Warriors history and Kiwis and have not followed his ESL career). While we want a player who is a little more stable to compliment Johnson's skills, I want someone with a bit of flare themselves in case Johnson is having a quiet game, as he does sometimes.

I don't think Carlos has come on as much as was expected (though injury has played a large part). I thought he would have been a genuine starter at least for the Vulcans this year.

I like Meads but think he may only be up to NSW Cup level at this stage and probably more a reliable injury cover half, than a real option.

Mason Lino is not an option for at least 2 or 3 more years, if at all. Its too early in his career to judge him.

Ropo, God no!!!

Mateo needs to stay in the back row, where he can inject but is under no expectation.

Kevin Locke will most likely eventually move there, but for the next couple of years at least, should stay right where he is. There aren't too many more important FBs running around who could take the role and offer half what he does, so it could be a big step backwards to move him. Omar is a great option for cover, but I would like to see him as a regular winger.

This really only leaves Pita Godinet for mine. Though he is defensively weak (due in no small part to his minute stature), he offers a calming influence as well as having enough star quality to pick up the slack when Johnson needs him to. He has shown through his match for Samoa, his limited appearances for the Warriors and his performances in the Vulcans that he is not overawed by the job of first grade and leadership on the park.

I assume Bluey will go with Thomas first and only give Pita a go should injury interfere.

I thought the received wisdom was that if we have a weakness it's at centre so surely Ropati fits there first and foremost - I mean, surely you'd go Neilsen/Ropati/Hurrell/Henry? Or has his form in his first season meant it's now Neilsen/Hurrell/Ropati/Henry??

My order would go Hurrell/Neilson/Henry/Ropati.. no offense to J-Ro, but he's coming back from another serious leg injury.. so unless he recovers really well from that and finds good form in the vulcans i'd at least prefer to know we had someone defensively really solid at centre. I like him and rated him once upon a time and think he's played brilliantly filling in at FB last few years, but his form at centre has been patchy at best and there's no doubt that he's defensively suspect.

Hurrell is already one of our most important players so he'd definitely get the pick as our number 1 centre, plus he's been getting better and better all year. Neilson is gonna have to prove his worth here i reckon.. i think of him as kind of a lesser version of Brent tate.. and he'll be doing it the hard way at the warriors.. he's gonna have to work really hard to make his own opportunities because he's not gonna be getting many gimmes like he does at the storm.

Soz for the derailment

Jordan G

TL for me. He may not be individually brilliant, but he gets the job done. Also if anyone believes in lucky charms.

World Cup Winner
Tri Nations Winner
Challenge Cup Winner
Super League Winner

All that's left on the list is NRL premiership winner

Carlos needs some Vulcan time should have got it this year IMO ,Think we need to give TL a good crack never was a fan but hes come along way since his last time in the NRL

I'm going to throw curve ball out there. Seeing as Maloney and Pearce will be the halves at the Roosters in 2013, Daniel Mortimer would be looking for a new club wouldn't he?! Everyone was/is pressuring him to live up to his surname over here in Oz which has pretty much killed off his short career, he could be a cheap pick up for the Warriors.

Interesting curve ball........But I suspect the Aussie media - or some of them - would portray it as "Mortimer runs from pressure" and use it to ramp up the expectations even further.
In other words "Now you're out of Australia, you've really got no excuse to live up to your surname!"

My order would go Hurrell/Neilson/Henry/Ropati.. no offense to J-Ro, but he's coming back from another serious leg injury.. so unless he recovers really well from that and finds good form in the vulcans i'd at least prefer to know we had someone defensively really solid at centre. I like him and rated him once upon a time and think he's played brilliantly filling in at FB last few years, but his form at centre has been patchy at best and there's no doubt that he's defensively suspect.

Hurrell is already one of our most important players so he'd definitely get the pick as our number 1 centre, plus he's been getting better and better all year. Neilson is gonna have to prove his worth here i reckon.. i think of him as kind of a lesser version of Brent tate.. and he'll be doing it the hard way at the warriors.. he's gonna have to work really hard to make his own opportunities because he's not gonna be getting many gimmes like he does at the storm.

Soz for the derailment
I agree Hurrellhas already become one of our best attack options. Close to the line against the broncos last week we looked lost, like they were missing just being able to go straight to Hurrell for the try. He has become what Manu was a few years back (without all the handling errors) his defence is improving every game aswell.

As for Shaun Johnson's halfs parter< it would have to be TL but I would like to see Shaun Johnson @ 6 so he can play a more running role. Hopefully Shaun Johnson will be a bit more dominant without Malony there next year to.

Reactions: Sup42

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Thomas for sure. Didnt really rate him when he was running there for the Warroirs before. Doesnt look to bad now in the Super League. Love to see Carlos get a run in that position. Leave Locke at Fullback. Omar and the fish wont quite cut it for mine. Omar needs a season in Vulcans first and Fish just looks a littlke scared and lazy when he runs with the first grade team now.

I'm going to throw curve ball out there. Seeing as Maloney and Pearce will be the halves at the Roosters in 2013, Daniel Mortimer would be looking for a new club wouldn't he?! Everyone was/is pressuring him to live up to his surname over here in Oz which has pretty much killed off his short career, he could be a cheap pick up for the Warriors.
It's a good thought. If we can fix his ill's we're laughing.

Maybe his Ills is the shadow of Steve.

Would be worth giving him a short term mid / decent contract and having some serious depth in the halves, even if it is not top shelf depth it's still depth of a reasonable quality

TL without a doubt. He's always gone well against the Kangaroos, so I don't see why he wouldn't be able to cut it in the NRL.

It's going to be GREAT to have a half who can tackle - could fix one of our flank's defense problems.