General 2011 NNRL Thread

Ryan_old

Not bad for a player in his debut season don't ya think ?
Sorry? I thought we were discussing his "actual" fantasy value in 2011. You were saying he was great. I was saying he was average. How many seasons he's played in reality is absolutely irrelavant. Meh, like I said earlier, neither of us were right, or wrong, about it. It's a glass half full/half empty situation.

Another thing to note is that not only is he amongst the top crop in his posistion but amongst the top overall.
Halves, fantasy speaking, are traditionally up there. They are the focus of a teams attack. Manly did well and DCE benefitted from that too. I bet my bottom dollar had he have been playing for a poorer team like Souths or the Sharks there's no way he'd have done as well as he did. I'm betting he can't carry a team like Thurston, for example.

Natually you'd think with a season under his belt there's more to come ?
Maybe, maybe not... I'll be sticking with attempting to recruit any of those halves I listed above DCE, thanks.

krs_64_old

Heh, here I was thinking this was done and dusted..

Sorry? I thought we were discussing his "actual" fantasy value in 2011. You were saying he was great. I was saying he was average. How many seasons he's played in reality is absolutely irrelavant. Meh, like I said earlier, neither of us were right, or wrong, about it. It's a glass half full/half empty situation.

Umm no not really, we were discussing how he’d go in 2012. You mentioned that his 2011 season wasn’t anything to brag about(along those lines) in nearly sport speak.. I merely just mentioned that I wouldn’t write him off, as he did have a strong back end of 2011, hence good signs of a possible gun buy, barring he backs up that form.

I brang up his debut as it was interesting that Cherry Evans was the only player on that list that is in his first year compared to others her are experienced. I bet half those players in the top bracket wouldn't have scored so well in their debut season, but look at them now... Really just going back to the point that good signs for a possible gun with a season (a good one at that) under his belt.

But yea like you said neither of us are right or wrong as it is one of those “time will tell" ones..

Maybe, maybe not... I'll be sticking with attempting to recruit any of those halves I listed above DCE, thanks.
And I will too :p. Hehe we're pretty much going on about nothing, all that important.

Ryan_old

Yeah. No worries. It was all "flash in the pan" arguing anyhow. Are you going to join our private comp when it gets going?