General 2011 NNRL Thread

ToiletDuck_old

Im keen to play season 2012, where and how do we sign up?

Is someone starting a thread?

Will create one once we're closer to the time, sign up isn't available yet....and I have to time it just right so as to give enough time for everyone to sign up and also close enough to start date that we don't have those members who sign up then forget/lose interest...

ToiletDuck_old

But as ever I'll maintain a loyalty policy and reserve places for those who played last year. If we get enough interest I'll create two comps, it's easy enough. Hasn't happened the past 2 years but anything is possible.

HD_old

I'm game for another season. Is there an option of having divisions, ala the NFL, if there's a lot of interest... Or would everyone be against that?

Ryan_old

I'm pretty certain Cherry Evans was among the points with DP and tries, quite regularly too in the 2nd part of the season.. I had him in my team from the start only to trade him off, not long after he started racking up the points lol. If DCE carries on his form the back end of the last season he'll still be a good buy IMO.

Okay. 2012 Nearly NRL is up and I've checked the DP's (halves only) from 2011.

Marshall 16
Lockyer 15
Maloney 15
Cronk 14
Thurston 13
Sandow 11
Soward 11
DCE 10
Foran 10

After Foran there's a big jump to next tier of halves. I conclude that we are both neither right nor wrong about how DCE actually fared. While he is in the top 10 halves for 2011 (as far as DP awards go), he's still at the very bottom of that heap.

Ryan_old

...and Thurston would have most certainly scored more had he not have been injured for significant parts of the season (not that it would have affected DCE's position on the table).

HD_old

I had DCE in our League(at least, i'm pretty sure I did) and If I remember correctly he was strong for points for the 1st third of the season -- UNTIL Jamie Lyon returned and took over the kicking duties.

Ryan_old

Well, I still claim that DCE will only be a good (but not great) buy, no matter which way you look at it. Not only was he missing a lot of goal attempts in his time as first choice kicker (25/40), but his position as no.1 goal-kicker was always somewhat dubious. No-one wants to end up in a fantasy situation where your goal-kicking recruit is suddenly not kicking goals anymore.

HD_old

Yeah that's right. I remember last year quite a few people didn't have kickers. I think I was without a kicker for the second part of the season, but I really can't remember 100%

Northern_Union

I wonder if it might be helpful if Spence was to split of this seasons posts from last seasons?

krs_64_old

Not bad for a player in his debut season don't ya think ? Another thing to note is that not only is he amongst the top crop in his posistion but amongst the top overall. Natually you'd think with a season under his belt there's more to come ? I guess the big thing to take into account is how he'll go under a new coach.

Last edited by a moderator: