General 2011 NNRL Thread

HD_old

I've been playing the Fox Sports Fantasy NRL game for a few years, that's about it.

Does the forum ever create Leagues on fantasy/tipping websites?

Spence_old

It costs money though, I think. Maybe we could all pitch in.

On a side note, who won the comp last year?

ToiletDuck_old

I'm pretty sure some douche bag won last year, needless to say...he won't be invited back again this year ;)

Yes indeed NNRL we play, and you've beaten me to it. I was about to make a thread announcing NNRL for 2011.

I'll be guaranteeing spots for all people who played last year, and if we get more interest it's easy enough to create another.

ToiletDuck_old

Nearly NRL 2011!!

Yes that's right, NNRL is back again this year.

Last year was very much a last minute affair but still generated a great comp - and a Jesbass vs Spence final (Spence taking the honours).

This year I thought I'd get in early to see who's keen.

I'll reserve places for the guys involved last year (assuming they want them) - and if the numbers get high enough we'll have two comps, it's easy enough and I'd rather we all got a shot than turn people away..

The names that spring to mind from last year are:
Myself
Dankokoro
Lego Man
Lord Gnome
Spence
Jesbass
W4L
pilky
MarkW
?Kav

Either way we ended up with about 5 'non playing' teams which was a bit of a shame.

So if you're interested send me a PM!

For rules etc head over to: https://www.nearlysport.com/

NOTE: NNRL does take a bit of effort, esp at the beginning of the season with recruiting - and then maintaining your squad throughout the year. Too often I've seen people start off recruiting, miss out on a few of the players they want and then basically leave the game with a squad of 9 players or so that could otherwise be given to other people. If you don't think you'll have the time to play properly then please think hard about signing up.

Thanks

LordGnome_old

Lord Gnome's Gentlemen's XV have dusted off their smoking jackets and plus fours and are back for some light training before the season starts!

Bally-ho for rugger chaps!

Northern_Union

I've stickied this thread for ease of finding for those wanting to take part.

ToiletDuck_old

Could we possibly change the title of the thread? Just so it's clear that this is the actual thread to sign up. Also, like last year, this thread will likely be used all the way until September so it has to be easily recognisable..

ToiletDuck_old

Competitions aren't open yet but will let you know when I've opened the NZwarriors comp.

DanKokoro_old

Too often I've seen people start off recruiting, miss out on a few of the players they want and then basically leave the game with a squad of 9 players or so that could otherwise be given to other people. If you don't think you'll have the time to play properly then please think hard about signing up.

Thanks

hmmm, that's exactly what i was going to do.. can i still play?

ToiletDuck_old

Ok guys I'm going to open up this comp soon.

A couple of things, I'll msg you all inside the next couple of days to confirm your participation...

Secondly, the recruitment process has a different option this year. Basically there are 2 options, get your salary cap and bid on players - this won't show how much you're bidding but likewise you won't see what other people are bidding. I'm having a mind blank as to how long the initial bidding process lasts but it's over a day to let you tinker with bids.

Alternative to that is recruitment where you go turn by turn. Everyone recruits a player and can't re-recruit until the cycle has gone around a couple of times (the order by which that goes is random btw).

The reason I want some feedback is that the recruitment process is absolutely essential for the rest of the year. I've been playing for years and it makes or breaks the next 8 months. I'm happy to help people out with this, but I've found in years gone by, players who don't quite understand what numbers to bid end up getting about 5/20 players they've bid on, which just ruins them for the season.

Either way it's probably not clear, but head over to nnrl.com, make an account and read the rules.

Msg with any questions.

Thanks,

Kris