General 2011 Juniors

Spence_old

Professional set up shouldn't be missing out on quality players of any age. Tell me, conventional wisdom says a prop doesn't mature until his late 20's. How is there teeny booper approach going to work in that situation?

As Viking said, props are the main players that they pick up in their late teens. So that's how they deal with that.

Iafeta_old

Professional set up shouldn't be missing out on quality players of any age. Tell me, conventional wisdom says a prop doesn't mature until his late 20's. How is there teeny booper approach going to work in that situation?

Without disagreeing with you, in their defence, their strategy just reaped the rewards of an NYC premiership last year.

2big2strong_old

Can anyone tell me (Spence, Viking etc) how good Toka Likiliki is? Is he as good as his brother or is that expecting a bit much? He looks a little overweight.

Viking_old

Can anyone tell me (Spence, Viking etc) how good Toka Likiliki is? Is he as good as his brother or is that expecting a bit much? He looks a little overweight.

He usually plays prop or second row but has played a bit of centre. Bigger than his brother but not as fast. He could lose 5kgs but he plays well at the weight he's at which would be about 110kg. Where did you see him?

2big2strong_old

He usually plays prop or second row but has played a bit of centre. Bigger than his brother but not as fast. He could lose 5kgs but he plays well at the weight he's at which would be about 110kg. Where did you see him?

One of the relatives is in the 20's, was looking through the facebook photos of pre-season training. Lots of new faces.

Viking_old

One of the relatives is in the 20's, was looking through the facebook photos of pre-season training. Lots of new faces.

A lot of boys still fighting it out for contracts and few contracted boys from last year dropped back to the development squad or dropped altogether.

Ackland doesn't stand for any nonsense, I was told he sent Shaun Johnson back to Hibicus Coast for a game to pull his head in last year.

Spence_old

Pretty much the same as Viking said. He does look to carry a little weight, but he moves very well for a big guy. I've never actually seen him play league, only union, so I can't really comment. He definitely has skills though.

Fazz_old

A lot of boys still fighting it out for contracts and few contracted boys from last year dropped back to the development squad or dropped altogether.

Ackland doesn't stand for any nonsense, I was told he sent Shaun Johnson back to Hibicus Coast for a game to pull his head in last year.

That's awesome. It might result in us losing a few good players over the years, but honestly it will make sure the boys that do stick it out are level headed

jagz_old

Heres the squad according to Photosport its 42 members so would probably be including Development

Ben Henry
James Te Pou
Simon Gibson
Kane Hannam
Kenny Niko
John Palavi
Siulongua Fotofili
Sio Siua Taukeiaho
Anthony Lama
Honeti Tuha
Eko Malu
Carlos Tuimavave
Malakai Houma
Adam Henry
Sheldon Brown
Koneleti Hurrell
David Bhana
Nathaniel Peteru
Eddie Aki
Omar Slaimankhel
Adam Tangata
Mark Tuuati
Faleniko Leilua
Levi Holland
Dylan Collier
Jordan Tuarae
Steve Shennan
Ben Kingi
Jethro Friend
Donald Tony
Jordan Meads
Sosaia Feki
Lance Su'a-Poe
Toka Likiliki
Sam Lousi
Sirovai Makatoa
Henry Chan-Ting
Phillip Kingi
Chris Ofanoa
Agnasius Passi
Viliami Lolohea
Sebastine Ikahihifo

Interesting no Zensei Inu, Joe Mua in their. I wonder if they are the ones been cut or are just missing for another reason

Last edited by a moderator:

Viking_old

Heres the squad according to Photosport its 42 members so would probably be including Development

Ben Henry
James Te Pou
Simon Gibson
Kane Hannam
Kenny Niko
John Palavi
Siulongua Fotofili
Sio Siua Taukeiaho
Anthony Lama
Honeti Tuha
Eko Malu
Carlos Tuimavave
Malakai Houma
Adam Henry
Sheldon Brown
Koneleti Hurrell
David Bhana
Nathaniel Peteru
Eddie Aki
Omar Slaimankhel
Adam Tangata
Mark Tuuati
Faleniko Leilua
Levi Holland
Dylan Collier
Jordan Tuarae
Steve Shennan
Ben Kingi
Jethro Friend
Donald Tony
Jordan Meads
Sosaia Feki
Lance Su'a-Poe
Toka Likiliki
Sam Lousi
Sirovai Makatoa
Henry Chan-Ting
Phillip Kingi
Chris Ofanoa
Agnasius Passi
Viliami Lolohea
Sebastine Ikahihifo

Interesting no Zensei Inu, Joe Mua in their. I wonder if they are the ones been cut or are just missing for another reason

Welcome to the forum jagz!

There's a few surprises in there, Niko Leilua from Keebra, Peteru from Brissy aren't names I expected to see. Zenzei's been a lazy trainer in the past but Joe Mua and Afa Vaetupu have gone to Qld. Afa is at the Titans, don't know where Joe is but he had a stint at the Cowboys 3 years ago and was playing well before having a disciplinary issue and being sent back. Perhaps they gave him another chance.

One unfortunate exclusion is Patrick Vaivai who was outstanding in the Sharman but also had some tough stuff to deal with outside of league and his focus has suffered as a result so he's been dropped to the development squad. He has huge potential and has two years left in 20s so hopefully he gets back on track. No Saviila Haavili (spelling!) either.

I heard they were carrying a bigger squad than last year, I don't know if that means they are all contracted though. A few of those older boys are on 2nd tier contracts too and of course Ben Henry is on 1st grade money now. It sounds like Ikahihifo is out for most the year. There's about a dozen names I've never seen before. A few other names are lucky to be there IMO and are benefiting from contacts at the club they're at.

Spence_old

Is Ikahihifo injured? That's terrible news!

Thanks for the info Jagz, welcome to the forum. :thumb:

Viking_old

Is Ikahihifo injured? That's terrible news!

Thanks for the info Jagz, welcome to the forum. :thumb:

Got injured in some village games according to someone on LU. There's a post by his name there. Apparently he was stretchered off to an ambulance in extreme pain. I spoke to someone in the know about it in the weekend, can't remember what he said or how long Ikahihifo is out, I was drinking. Perhaps I'm blowing it out of proportion, I'll ask about it next week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fazz_old

I hope he makes it back before the halfway mark. Big blow to our slim chances of going back to back imo

Magic Stick_old

Ben Henry
James Te Pou
Simon Gibson
Kane Hannam
Kenny Niko
John Palavi
Siulongua Fotofili
Sio Siua Taukeiaho
Anthony Lama
Honeti Tuha
Eko Malu
Carlos Tuimavave
Malakai Houma
Adam Henry
Sheldon Brown
Koneleti Hurrell
David Bhana
Nathaniel Peteru
Eddie Aki
Omar Slaimankhel
Adam Tangata
Mark Tuuati
Faleniko Leilua
Levi Holland
Dylan Collier
Jordan Tuarae
Steve Shennan
Ben Kingi
Jethro Friend
Donald Tony
Jordan Meads
Sosaia Feki
Lance Su'a-Poe
Toka Likiliki
Sam Lousi
Sirovai Makatoa
Henry Chan-Ting
Phillip Kingi
Chris Ofanoa
Agnasius Passi
Viliami Lolohea
Sebastine Ikahihifo

That list must be a commentators nightmare

Shobal_old

Malakai Houma - apparently this guy is the star to look for. His brother is in the warriors NRL training squad. Big boy and smashes through the line.

Spence_old

Did Houma, the elder, play Vulcans last year? I had never heard his name until I saw him in the Warriors squad.