General 2010 Warriors squad

Viking_old

what about some super league players iafeta paleaaesina could be a good back up prop,mite find the mt smart magic again
tim smith is a must, finch is kaka and wouldnt want him at 7,rather have hohaia at 7 than finch

Paleaaesina signed another long contract this year I'm sure.

If we're looking for a creative backrower what about Harrison Hansen? He's been playing for Wigan since his teens and would have a lot of family here. He's contracted until the end of 2011 but could probably get out of it to play NRL and wouldn't be asking for too much.

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/SquadMember.asp?teamid=1&id=79

KempForanMoon_old

any news on signings for next year?
what round did they anounce moon and kemp signings last year

warriors4life_old

Wouldn't be surprised if we made no signings but elevated a few Under 20's/Vulcans player to the first-grade 25 man squad. Or maybe we'll pick up a couple of Australian journeymen.

ToiletDuck_old

Wouldn't be surprised if we made no signings but elevated a few Under 20's/Vulcans player to the first-grade 25 man squad. Or maybe we'll pick up a couple of Australian journeymen.

The journeymen would make sense...or maybe a kiwi who is returning from Aus or England...and is 35+ years old.

Magic Stick_old

Journeymen is what we need to stay away from...we need to get quicker,fitter and more athletic

Some backrowers with quick feet and ball skills would be handy..along with some halves

warriors4life_old

We should chase Tim Smith or Ben Hunt (or both). Though an article in the Sunday News a couple of weeks ago said management weren't interested in Smith (even though they were willing to offer Finch 300K).

Doesn't really add up.

Magic Stick_old

How crazy was that 300k for Finch...and the media were calling him a marquee player

warriors4life_old

Would've taken him for 2010 over Jones though.

And he turned down 300K for only 50 at the Storm, shows what he must think of coming over here.

KempForanMoon_old

heard chase stanley is likely going to the storm,man we could do with him,cant believe we just gave fien up and got nothing in return

Magic Stick_old

Was a rumor of a Fien and Stanley swap...but never happened

Recruitment for 2010 doesnt look to good with no news at all...guess a few u20's will get promoted, might find some gems in the Qld cup or target other teams U20 players

Euro1990_old

Glad to know Seymour and Maloney have signed with us. Plus i'm excited for Monty Betham. I really like him.

The Under 20's will also improve and play in the NRL in no time. I think we have a good and handy team for 2010.

ToiletDuck_old

Plus i'm excited for Monty Betham. I really like him.

Are you serious? You want Monty in the team next year? Liking him is one thing, wanting him running out of the tunnel with the boys is another...I like Stacey Jones, think he's arguably the nicest guy in rugby league, however the last thing I want is for him to go around again in 2010. Just simply isn't up to it.

Magic Stick_old

How the team is shaping so far

1. Wade Mckinnon
2. Kevin Locke
3. Brent Tate
4. Joel Moon
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Brett Seymour
7. Matt Maloney
8. Sam Rapira
9. Ian Henderson
10. Steve Price