9: Sea Eagles
10: Dragons
11: Broncos
12: Cowboys
13: Panthers
14: Sharks
15: Roosters
16: Knights

This table was constructed using the latest statistical analysis of all 16 NRL teams and their performances over the 2009 season. This analysis was fed into my laptop into an Excel spreadsheet which made the appropriate calculations. These calculations then had the NSAST number removed from them to get a final figure (NSAST - Number of Spanner in A Sydchrome Toolkit). This analysis was followed by a rigourous study of which teams I prefered in which case if the analysis didn't agree with my preference it was, UN style, adjusted to suit.

Last edited by a moderator:

teariki_old

I expect the Warriors to finish regular season at 7th or 8th, with these caveats:

Tate stays fit and injury-free. His backline organisation is essential.
Manu stays fit and injury-free. Need his try-scoring ability.
Seymour lives up to his billing and gives the Warriors the play-making ability they lacked last season.

Moz_old

1. Dragons
2. Eels
3. Storm
4. Tigers
5. Souths
6. Titans
7. Penrith

8. warriors will fight it out with the rest to get this spot

Penrith may finish higher I think Mathew Elliot is the only coach under more performance pressure than Ivan Cleary

Magic Stick_old

1 Storm
2 Titans
3 Rabbitohs
4 Bulldogs
5 Dragons
6 Tigers
7 Sea Eagles
8 Raiders
9 Eels
10 Broncos
11 Roosters
12 Cowboys
13 Panthers
14 Warriors
15 Knights
16 Sharks

Swanley_old

1: Storm
2: Bulldogs
3: Dragons
4: Manly
5: Bulldogs
6: Eels
7: Souths
8: Cowboys
9: Penrith
10: Roosters
11: Tigers
12: Warriors
13: Knights
14: Sharks
15: Cowboys
16: Raiders

A bit tough, the bottom 5 could all get the spoon.

edguy_old

im the only one that thinks we have a chance , so far ..lol
im tipping a big turn around from last year ,,,,,with us , roosters and tigers up the top of the ladder..go warriors

Tigers
Warriors
roosters
souths
saints
storm
broncos
sea eagles
eels
titans
bulldogs
cowboys
knights
panthers
raiders
sharks

LordGnome_old

1. Storm
2. Rabbitohs
3. Dragons
4. Warriors
5. Bulldogs
6. Titans
7. Manly
8. Tigers

9. Broncos
10. Roosters
11. Eels
12. Cowboys
13. Panthers
14. Raiders
15. Sharks
16. Knights

Call me an eternal optimist!

Northern_Union

1. Storm
2. Rabbitohs
3. Dragons
4. Warriors
5. Bulldogs
6. Titans
7. Manly
8. Tigers

9. Broncos
10. Roosters
11. Eels
12. Cowboys
13. Panthers
14. Raiders
15. Sharks
16. Knights

Call me an eternal optimist!

You've been called alot worse than that on these boards :D

David Bragg_old

Warriors
Tigers
Roosters
Bulldogs
Eels
Raiders
Storm
Manly

St George
Souths
Panthers
Titans
Broncos
Cowboys
Knights
Sharks

Spence_old

St George
Bulldogs
Storm
South Sydney
Warriors
Eels
Broncos

Raiders
Titans
Manly
Roosters
Tigers
Panthers
Cowboys
Knights
Sharks

MarkW_old

We'll have a few spectacular wins... some dismal losses... maybe the odd nerve wracking golden pointer.

Realistically, I think we'll get around a 50% win ratio and maybe scrape into the playoffs... then who knows?!

Our fortunes will be a little like last year but with some definite improvements to our playing style (could our attack actually be worse than 09?)... that's what I hope anyway.

Manu to stay fit and be top NRL try scorer for the regular season! (Slater will get a nasty injury and be sidelined for ages... not that I wish him harm :p)

Swanley_old

After another knight being charged with drug offences, I think they are good contenders for the spoon.

Kid-Dynamite_old

It's too hard to try and pick the full 16, but here's a list of predictions for you.

Premiers = WARRIORS! (Who else, good young talent, and Kevin Locke will be bigger and better from his rookie season.)

Wooden Spoon = Knights (What a shocking start to the season. Gidley injured, Wicks and Houston gooooooonnnnnne and all under a new coach. I'm picking they may find it hard this year)

Dark Horses = Penrith (Like the look of there team with Petero up front, and the recruitment of the highly talented but eratic Daine Laurie could provide them with an extremely dynamic backrow along with Frank Pritchard. Also I hear Lachlan Coote is in great physical cpndition, put on 10kg or something, and expect a pretty big year from the young fella)

Best buy = For mine it'll be Sam Burgess.

Biggest flop = Lote Tuqiri. Has he still got it?

And watch out for 'Big' Willie Mason this year. I think getting out of Sydney will have done him the world of good, and he may just play like a man of his size should this year.

The two youngsters I'm looking forward to getting a crack this year (hopefully) are Shaun Johnson, of course from our mighty Warriors.

And Jake Mullaney, fullback from the Tigers. Gee I like this kid. He's so fast and skillful and can't wait to see him running outside of Benji!

So yea, they're some early thoughts. It's good to be back, and can't wait to start talking league again with the gang! :D

LordGnome_old

It's too hard to try and pick the full 16, but here's a list of predictions for you.

Premiers = WARRIORS! (Who else, good young talent, and Kevin Locke will be bigger and better from his rookie season.)

Wooden Spoon = Knights (What a shocking start to the season. Gidley injured, Wicks and Houston gooooooonnnnnne and all under a new coach. I'm picking they may find it hard this year)

Dark Horses = Penrith (Like the look of there team with Petero up front, and the recruitment of the highly talented but eratic Daine Laurie could provide them with an extremely dynamic backrow along with Frank Pritchard. Also I hear Lachlan Coote is in great physical cpndition, put on 10kg or something, and expect a pretty big year from the young fella)

Best buy = For mine it'll be Sam Burgess.

Biggest flop = Lote Tuqiri. Has he still got it?

And watch out for 'Big' Willie Mason this year. I think getting out of Sydney will have done him the world of good, and he may just play like a man of his size should this year.

The two youngsters I'm looking forward to getting a crack this year (hopefully) are Shaun Johnson, of course from our mighty Warriors.

And Jake Mullaney, fullback from the Tigers. Gee I like this kid. He's so fast and skillful and can't wait to see him running outside of Benji!

So yea, they're some early thoughts. It's good to be back, and can't wait to start talking league again with the gang! :D

And I thought that I was being optimistic!