- Issac Luke
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Hawera, New Zealand
- 89 kg
- New Zealand
- Warriors #
- Forum Nickname(s)
- Junior Club
- Hawera Hawks
- Signed From
- South Sydney Rabbitohs
- Wikipedia Page
In Round 19 Against the North Queensland Cowboys Issac Luke had his first NRL start, playing at hooker. He scored his first NRL try and was awarded the Brut Man of the Match award for his efforts.
He was awarded the John Sattler Rookie of the Year at the South Sydney annual Red and Green Ball and presentation night held at the AJC function centre at Randwick Racecourse Sydney.
His year was capped off by being named in the Train on Squad for the New Zealand Kiwis.
For the 2010 Anzac Test, Luke was selected to play for New Zealand at hooker in their loss against Australia.
Luke's 2011 Four Nations tournament ended in controversy after he was criticised for a series of cynical tackles on opposing players. Luke admitted that in a match against England, he had attempted to break the leg of Rangi Chase, England's New Zealand-born half-back.
He was a part of the Rabbitohs squad that won the 2014 NRL Premiership, however despite being named as starting hooker, was ruled out for the final due to suspension.
In May 2015, Luke signed with the New Zealand Warriors for three seasons, beginning in 2016.
- 2007-2015 - South Sydney Rabbitohs
- 2007 - NRL debut
- 2007 - John Sattler Rookie of the Year award (South Sydney award)
- 2008 - New Zealand Kiwis
- 2008 - Rugby League World Cup winner
- 2008 - NZRL international Rookie of the Year award
- 2008 - Taranaki Rugby League Team of the Century
- 2010 - George Piggins Medal (Souths' Best and Fairest Award)
- 2010 - Four Nations winners
- 2014 - NRL Premiership winners
- 2015 - Auckland Nines winners